1. La Hacienda Express has started using styrofoam containers for their to go orders. I guess this means I won't not be picking up my last chance breakfast burrito with green there any more. So much for "Green Albuquerque".
2. They've rearranged the line for the security machines - instead of dropping you off at the middle of the section, the exit point now starts right in front of the full body scan machine.
3. For the first time in a very very very long time, the gate agent Southwest counter challenged me when I asked for preboarding, telling me that this is for people who are deaf, not people who wear hearing aids. I pulled out my hearing aids and explained: (A) these do not function like glasses, they only amplify what is received, and that without them I cannot hear any human speech at all and with them I still need to speechread; (B) I offered to show my driver's license as more proof that the State of NM considers that I have a significant hearing loss.
4. Construction is still going on here.
5. Politico watch - so far, no politicos on this flight.
That's all for the Sunport Status Update this month.