Friday, January 1, 2010

Last Day / First Day

So today is the last day of Kwanzaa and the first day of 2010. I have made a resolution to blog every day in 2010 - at least every day when I am in a place with electricity and an internet connection. We'll see how it goes.

Today's Kwanzaa principle is imani, or faith. This seems like a pretty good principle on which to start a new year. Faith in oneself, faith in the workings of the universe, and even faith in a deity (or not), depending on the moment or even the year.

We closed out 2009 with some dear friends and started 2010 with a family New Year's Eve toast at home, with all of the animals present. One of the cats is not so fond of the dogs, so this was quite an accomplishment.

More family stuff up north today (football, Grandpa's chili with an "i", and Turkish Delight) and a ride home in the cold dark.

The dogs were so happy to see us that one licked my earmold on the table and the other one started farting nonstop.

I washed and adjusted my earmold using crochet hooks and my college dissection kit pulled from Nana Amy's antique sewing stand (the dissection tools work best for resetting earmold tubing, though I'm sure my audiologist uses something else) and pushed away the doggie flatulence with some Japanese incense.

An auspicious beginning, no?



No comments: